Bike Safety this Spring Biking is a great form of transportation and leisurely exercise.
Here are some helpful info to ensure safe cycling this spring:
- Cyclists are required to travel in the same direction as traffic, which means riding on the right side of the road.
- Riding on the road is permitted only for wheels under 20 inches. Teen and adults on BMX bikes should ride on the road.
- Anyone under 18 is required to wear a helmet.
- Drivers can’t avoid you if they can’t see you. Wear bright clothing and ensure your bike has a light and reflectors.
- Not having a bell on your bike is a $110 fine.
See, be seen, and be predictable.
Visit www.bikefriendlylambton.com for more information. Reference: www.bikefriendlylambton.com